Friday, February 19, 2010

.Don't.Judge.Me.Bitch.



You're supposed to feel comfortable around your family. They're the people that will always be there for you and love you no matter what right? Then why is it that I am constantly being judged by not only my parents but also by the one person I thought I could trust at all times. My sister. I'm well aware that I'm not your typical 18 year old. I'm eccentric or what my family calls weird and odd. I'm totally fine with this. I live to have fun and I don't think they understand that. As a joke, after I say something that I'm well aware is weird, I say "Don't judge me," I said this last night to my sister...her reply? "Well I judge everyone you know that..and you're no exception." I hate that I now have to censor what I say around her because I fear her judgment. She's a lovely girl but she can be brutal. Her words always hurt me the most. After both my tattoo's she repeatedly called me stupid and irresponsible because I was wasting money on such "stupid shit"...Both of my tattoos are dedicated to my grandparents that have passed away. I don't really see the bad part of putting a permanent reminder of the greatness I was once surrounded by. When I tell her about some clothes that I want she looks at me as if I have 3 heads. I don't know what's happened to her. We used to be best friends, tell each other everything, do absolutely everything together from going to school to partying to having sleepovers every night. She used to appreciate the fact that I don't want to be like everyone else. I want to stand out as my own person. I'm not looking for attention..I just want to show who I am and not who people want me to be. I have to learn to not let her words cut me the way they do but that's a lot harder done than said. She's my sister and she loves me so I guess she thinks she's doing whats best for me by saying to my face what others are probably saying behind my back but she's my sister so she shouldn't care as long as I'm happy. I plan on getting another tattoo tomorrow but I'm terrified of her feed back so I have to hide it from her..is that normal? Hiding things from the person you're supposed to be able to trust more than anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment